I love egg muffins.
They are fairly quick and easy to make. They taste great fresh but are just as good as leftovers- hot or cold!
I also love spicy foods. The amount of buffalo sauce in this recipe is not going to set your mouth on fire (or get it even close to that), so don’t worry if you are not a spicy food lover! If you want to ramp up the spice level try coating the shredded chicken in buffalo sauce. You could also add more buffalo sauce to you egg mixture. I’d suggest decreasing the milk if you do that, though. The ratio of milk/buffalo sauce to egg keep these muffins very moist, but still able to hold their shape.
If you have them, I’d suggest using silicone muffin cups. Eggs can be so sticky, but the muffins will slide right out of the silicone. Once, I tried making eggs muffins in an old muffin tin (from before the days of nonstick bakeware) that was just sprayed with an olive oil cooking spray. It was a disaster. Lots of soaking and scrubbing, lots and lots. So, use these awesome little silicone liners if you have then, or a nonstick muffin tin.
If you’re a buffalo chicken fan, or just want an easy, on-the-go meal give these a try!
Buffalo Chicken Egg MuffinsIngredients (makes 12 muffins)
- 8 eggs
- 1/4c milk
- 1/4c buffalo sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot, but there are many varieties out there to try)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4c shredded chicken
- 1/2c shredded mozzarella cheese
- a few green onions, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl.
3. Add milk, buffalo sauce, and baking soda.
4. Pour the egg mixture into muffin cups, filling each one about 3/4 of the way.
5. Drop shredded chicken, green onions, and cheese into each cup.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes. The tops of the egg muffins will start to brown just a bit and will feel spongey. Let cool for a few minutes before removing them from the muffin cups to eat.