I saw these Dragon Noodles on Budget Bytes and so wanted to eat them. Quick and spicy noodles? I’m in! Chances are that if you are reading this blog you know that GF noodles just don’t always cut it. Sometimes you can sub them into a recipe and no one is the wiser (like casseroles), but other times the results are undesirable. Mushy, overcooked noodles that are all stuck together – anyone else have that happen to them?
Enter Miracle Noodle! Have you heard of these? They are GF, don’t need to be cooked like regular noodles, and have zero calories. These aren’t a great substitute for noodles all around, but they are awesome for stir-fry like dishes. The noodles will heat up right in the frying pan along with any sauce, meat, and veggies you want to add.
That’s part of why I call these noodles “magic”. You literally just open up the package and heat them up on the stove or in the microwave. Then there’s the whole calorie-less noodles thing. It’s easy to rationalize the butter and eggs that go into the sauce when you know you have saved so many calories! Finally, this is just so quick and easy to prepare! When you get a tasty, low calorie meal in under 10 minutes I would say that is pretty darn magical!
Magic Dragon NoodlesRecipe Inspiration: Dragon Noodles on Budget Bytes Ingredients
- 1 package of Miracle Noodles
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs soy sauce (or Bragg’s Amino Acid)
- 1 Tbs sriracha
- 3 Tbs chopped green onions
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, and sriracha.
- Melt butter in a medium sized skillet over medium heat.
- When butter is melted add the egg and scramble.
- Once the egg is cooked add the noodles and sauce to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Top with green onions before serving.